NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Friday, December 23, 2011

Nothing like waiting til the last minute! And 12 Days After Christmas Sale.

We finally have a granddaughter that likes dolls. Zoie always loves her quilts but never has been interested in dolls. Now give her a guinea pig, kitten or dog - stuffed or alive - and you're making her happy. But while she cheerfully makes Sumo (Japanese Chin) large pillows to sleep on and Phoebe (guinea pig) blankets, I haven't quite gotten into making them quilts.

Enter Lilly. Lilly loves the Disney princesses. And when I finally got around to giving her brother Gabriel his quilt, she played and played with it. (He just looked at it and went on with his Transformer - didn't bother me - he's a 4 year old boy).




When Princess Ariel got here late last week, my first thought was - "She's got to have a doll quilt!" Ariel and her travel carrier and stroller will fit right into Lilly's room. It's all pink and white and clear colors.



The quilt pattern I immediately thought of was "Country Stars" - just the right size. The colors are fine for here and Lilly can play with Ariel here - we have antique doll beds, etc. but to take home we needed something different.



So here is Country Stars done in Sandy Gervais "Lovely" line. Won't Ariel be cute wrapped in her quilt. I wonder if all quilters are this crazy. I mean, it's Friday. I want to finish a new tablecloth out of one of the Together reds. We have a couple of things to finish in the office and all of the orders are out but I still have some stocking stuffer shopping to do - then there's cleaning, grocery shopping, baking and present wrapping. And I'm making a doll quilt :)
Luckily Brian & Shannon and the kids won't be here until Christmas afternoon. I'll probably be sewing the binding on Christmas morning. :)



We changed out the quilt that hangs in the foyer early this week when Jake was here. Down came "Folk Art Favorites" and up went "Pinecones and Hollyberries". Every time we change quilts the minute we spread things out on the living room floor to switch them, Spike runs and sits in the middle of them. He really likes quilts.

And we're getting ready for our big "12 Days After Christmas" Sale so be watching for it
to start on the 26th. After all Epiphany celebrates the visit of the Wisemen with their
gifts. In the Western churches Epiphany is January 6th. So from the 26th through the
6th we'll have something different on sale each day. And even a few precut giveaways.
So be watching the blog and sign up for the emails at the top left if you haven't already.





Santa will be here soon (Here Comes Santa) and with friends and family, we'll
celebrate what Christmas is really all about.


Happy Holidays from all of us at Jan Patek Quilts to all of you.

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jan to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love the quilt for her doll, a perfect design and fabrics.
    I hope you and your family have a Blessed Christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll quilt is so cute, I know she will love it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my granddaughter a doll quilt this year too. I bought her a darling cradle from Pottery Barn and made a cute little mattress and pillow. I then made her a doll quilt from the civil war women sewing circle book. It turned out so cute. Right now I am working on my 2nd Cozy Cabin in the Christmas Woods table runner out of your Together Fabric. I won't get it done in time for Christmas though because I am hand quilting it. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Friend to you and yours - enjoy the moment
    And hoping Santa's visit is especially good for Spike
    Best
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a merry Christmas and a healthy and creative 2012!
    groetjes Marijke

    ReplyDelete